As per the Central Universities (Amendment) Act of 2009, the objectives of Central University of Kashmir are:
- To disseminate and advance Knowledge by providing instructional and research facilities in such branches of learning as the University may deem fit;
- To make special provisions for integrated courses in Humanities, Social Sciences, Science and Technology in its educational programmes;
- To take appropriate measures for promoting innovations in teaching - learning process and inter-disciplinary studies and research.
- To educate and train manpower for the development of the country;
- To establish linkages with industries for the promotion of science and technology, and
- To pay special attention to the improvement of the social and economic conditions and welfare of the people, their intellectual, academic and cultural development.